Sunday 29 December 2013

Eminem

Hey! Hear me out, hear me out! His music, not him (although, yes, I would definitely not say no!)

I love him. I do. A modern musical genius, if you will allow me to indulge myself. No, I have not gone mad, I really do think so! 

Eminem's songs (well, some of them. Some admittedly should probably not see the light of day!) are works of musical art. Lets start with his lyrics. Witty, clever, rhyming and rhythmic. It's fairly easy to make lyrics rhyme (take J Biebs for example: "You are my love, you are my heart; and we will never ever ever be apart,"), but to make them become central to your songs beats is something totally different and for me why he stands out from other artists (For a prime example of this try Eminem's Lose Yourself). They also make you take a step back and think sometimes like Stan or You're Never OverStan in particular is a masterpiece. A beautifully haunting song. And they are so, so clever sometimes. You remember Love The Way You Lie with Rihanna? What's you're favourite lyric from that song? Is it "You don't get another chance; Life is no Nintendo game; But you lied again; Now you get to watch her leave out the window; Guess that's why they call it window 'pain,'" hmmm. Thought so!

The icing is his perfectly complimentary beats. And the cherry? The songs he samples. They just fit perfectly too. I could listen forever and not get bored. You'd keep finding different hidden meanings or euphemisms in his lyrics.


Well, that's what I think anyway. I love him as an artist and producer. But it is personal taste and opinion.

My favourite Eminem lyric? There are lots. But one fittingly for me: "all those who look down on me, I'm tearing down your balcony."


No comments:

Post a Comment